Thursday, September 1, 2011

Nadine #DORRIES : When counselling is anything but...

by Betty Herbert

First of all, full disclosure: I’ve never had an abortion, or had to consider it.
But I wanted to tell you a story that I think is relevant to the current debate surrounding Nadine Dorries’ proposed amendment to the Health & Social Care Bill.

Ten years ago I was a teacher, working in an girls’ school. As part of the school’s obligation to provide a moral and religious education, the school organised an afternoon focusing on abortion for the sixth formers. We were told that this would be an opportunity for the students to explore and debate the ethical issues around abortion, and as a sixth form tutor I was obliged to take part...full article at Betty's blog.

http://bettyherbert.com/2011/09/when-counselling-is-anything-but/