Sunday, April 15, 2012

Betrayed :The Tears Of An NHS Doctor -

I AM NOT GOING TO CRY


At least, I hope I’m not. But it is an inescapable fact that I am finding it much harder not to do so; that despite my best intentions the tears are frequently very close, even at work, which is a terrible admission. Tonight, there are tears in my eyes as I write this, even though I am safely at home and there is no apparent reason for them. So why this watery, emotional, display? I’m not even sure that I can explain, but I will try.

I became a doctor on January 9th 1980, at the Royal College of Surgeons in London. I remember rushing down the stairs at Lincoln’s Inn shouting “I am a doctor” repeatedly at my anxiously waiting mother. It was probably the most important moment of my life. From being a lowly medical student, I had turned into that impressive being: a doctor. I was licensed, or I soon would be, to treat patients, to do good, above all, to do no harm....read more at Doc On A Limb


http://doconalimb.blogspot.co.uk/