Sunday, February 6, 2011

Who gave you the right to decide my life ?

The right to die is a big topic in many places around the world. It is illegal in most countries and the cause of much discussion and debate, but who's right is it ?.

We as humans have let others decide how we live, the way we live and what we can do with our bodies,from prostitution to smoking pot, others have told us no you can't do these things. From wearing a seat belt to operating a boat we have been told what we have to do but the right to die when your dying already , who gave anyone the right to make this decision.

Religion is a large part of why assisted suicide is illegal. Religion puts it down as a sin and so it is wrong, well I disagree...first off i'm an athiest so the reasoning behind the religious debate is irrelevant to me. I don't care if your religion tells you i'm a bad person for believing if I was dying from a terminal illness that I can't end my life. I don't believe in heaven or hell . I don't believe in a supreme force and I don't believe that a cult has any rights, especially where peoples lives are concerned.

In 1991 a lady in Canada started a fight with our government over letting her commit suicide with the help of a doctor. Our government , in the end told her she couldn't, that she had to live with suffering and pain because it was morally wrong to end ones own life, Sue Rodrigas was her name and I say was... in 1994 after fighting not only for the right to die she also fought the suffering that goes with having lou gehrigs disease she ended her life with the help of an unnamed doctor . Bravo to her and the doctor.

Why would we want to make our loved ones suffer like thi ?. Why would the government want us to live hell-on-earth , perhaps money? the amount of money made from people with terminal illnesses is staggering to say the least. ..between medicine, hospital stays and doctor and nursing costs , it's beyond most peoples comprehension. ..add to that the idea that it is a sin and we end up with a lot of people living each moment wishing they could die, wishing someone would just let it end, wishing that if there was a god that he would end it for them.NOW.

It saddens me, it sickens me and it angers me that we as a society will kill our pets to end their suffering but we will let our loved ones live on in the name of so-called morals. Well I for one think that the only moral involved in this debate is money and power. In many countries we execute murderers but we won't let our loved ones die. In many countires we kill our pets when they suffer but we make our loved ones suffer . In many countries we are one messed up group of individuals.

http://hubpages.com/hub/the-right-to-die-whos-right-is-it